CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 1, 2004

You say good-bye, and I say hello

I was just about given a heart attack by the bombas (firecrackers) that Melvin just set off for the girls. Today is 'El dia del niño' and the girls have been celebrating all day. They had special activities all day in school and this evening they had a pizza party and candy and cake and 7up and we rented them two movies. They are just now getting done with the second movie. I ate way too much. I don't know how they will go to sleep with all of that sugar. :/




I finally met Gib and Joanne. They are great! Rebeca has been staying here the past few nights, taking Carroll's spot while she takes a few days off. I really like talking to her. Jill and I are going down later to play cards with her. I may regret it tomorrow, but tonight I will have fun. My weekend is full, so I want to enjoy tonight as much as possible. I work tomorrow starting at 7am and not ending until Sunday night at 9pm, or after the girls go to bed. It will be long, but I think it will be fun. I'm looking forward to getting closer and closer to these girls. Every minute I spend with them is another opportunity to be a witness or a role model for them. It's great to see our relationships growing already. These girls are so accepting. They really are great. I love them already.


I cut three more of the girls hair yesterday. One was just a trim, and one just a straight cut, but one wanted layers in the front. I was nervous and she had thick hair too. But I did what she wanted. I really don't think she likes it, but it's what she wanted and now she must live with it, at least for awhile.



Some of the girls have been borrowing a cd of mine for a few weeks now. They have made a dance to the song, 'De Los Montes' (I can't remember the name in English... 'from the mountains, to the valleys...something) They are performing it now for the other girls. They love dancing.



Our church has bought a new building and this Sunday will be our first service in the new building.



Also, The Shadow of His Wings has bought property in Jalapa and will start building a home for 200 girls there. They will be the only home in 3 departments. Carroll has already been talking to me about staying with them and moving to Jalapa. They won't move until the end of next school year in October or November. I'm just praying about what God would have me to do. Right now I have no clue and am only living each day.

0 comments: