CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 22, 2004

Roll Tide Anyway!

I got to watch my first Alabama game on Saturday. Too bad they lost to Auburn 21-13, but I was thankful to get to watch them play. I felt a little bit at home.




Yesterday was Joanne and Gib's 35th anniversary, so on Saturday they decided to celebrate with the girls in a very untraditional way. It was so neat. They invited us all to their house for a party. But before the cake and ice cream, they talked to us about marriage and the way the Bible says a marriage should be, and even about dating. It is your husband loving you like Christ loved the church. Do you know how much Christ loved the church? He died for us! He suffered beatings and humiliation for us. He gave everything for us with no thought of himself! Whew! That's a lot, to say the least. And it is your wife submitting to her husband as the head of her, because in the Bible, it says that the husband is the head of his wife, like Christ is the head of the church. A tough lesson to learn, I'm sure. It was a very neat thing for them to do. (and the cake and ice cream weren't bad either) :)



It was a great weekend. I got a new bed, in which I can actually roll over and not fall off. (it's a regular twin bunk, instead of the narrow one I had before) I killed a cockroach the size of a cat!! Not really, but it was huge and it charged at me like a bull!! OH! That reminds me. HAHAH! We have a cockroach living in the clock of our microwave, so yesterday I named him our 'clockroach'! HAHAHA! I kill myself sometimes! Too bad that joke doesn't work in Spanish... cucaracha... relojracha... no, it's not the same.. I'll work on it though.



Well, hopefully I will have some pictures for you tomorrow.



I went Friday night my church in San Lucas, DeclaraciĆ³n de Dependencia, to a girl's 15th birthday party in Chimaltenengo. QuincieƱera (15 years) is a big deal here. I mean BIG!! Her family invited the whole group to their restaurant in Chimal and even fed us all.. for free!! :) Tono and the guys led worship and Merari spoke a short message. Then we just had fun and had some other guys play around with the music. It was really fun.



Speaking of music, I led a worship service for the girls on Saturday night. I think they really enjoyed it. We may make it a normal Saturday night thing. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did. A lot of times I believe I get more out of it than anyone else, but I hope that's not true. Only God knows.

0 comments: