CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 5, 2004

Come, now is the time to worship!

Another big thing for me this week was the fact that I got to lead worship every day, at least twice a day. I didn't even know it until the day we left. It was such a huge blessing. It is such a miracle to me that I am able to lead someone else unto God's throne to worship. Of course, I know that it is of no power of my own, at all, and if it was all me I would totally mess everything up, but this time it was different. I was so focused on those kids and hoping there were no distractions between them and the Lord. God sure blessed me through it though. Every time I heard someone singing a song we sang that day, wow, I cannot describe that feeling! I taught them one song that some friends of mine had translated into Spanish. It became our theme song for the week. Throughout the day you could hear the kids singing it. It was so cool! It wasn't 'worship' as in 'singing a few songs'; it was WORSHIP! I almost lost my voice and my hands were killing me, but we kept on for God. I wish you could've been there!




Also, every morning we had quiet time, which is honestly something that I easily neglect in my normal routine. But it was nice just to sit and listen to what God might have for me that day or a passage he led me to. Some days we had specific passages to read, but they always seemed to be just what I needed. Who da thunk it?




At night, we would have a special time with our cabinmates. We called it the 'cirlce of friendship'. There we could complain or just talk about what happened that day, a prayer request, or just get to know each other. It was a nice time too.



The last night was very powerful. We had a fire in the fireplace and I led worship. Rebeca spoke a minute and everyone came up for prayer. You should've seen 30 something teenagers on their knees in front of this fire. ... Worship went on for a good hour along with the prayer. We ended the night all praying together in a big 'group hug'. It was awesome and I know those prayers reached the ears of God.



0 comments: