CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 8, 2004

The shirts off our backs

We were only told to bring down our best shirts. Period. When we arrived in the salon, we were told of the plan. We were going to go door to door in the small village of San Pedro Sacatepequez and ask whoever that answered if they would recieve our token of love. No one was forced to give away their shirt. If they choose not to, that was completely fine and no one would think twice about it.




Almost all of the kids said they wished they could go get more stuff to give away. It was really a blessing to be able to give.




How many shirts do you have in your closet that you could live without? ... I'm asking myself here too. I have tons at home that I didn't even bring with me. I'm sure I could lve without that, right? Why do we attach ourselves to material things so easily? My treasure is in heaven!!

0 comments: