CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

:( He's gone.

I just got back from taking my dad to the airport. It was very sad to see him go, but at the same time, it's hard to be sad because I think we had such a wonderful week. We were together almost every minute of every day, except Saturday, when he went to help out Steve Osborn for a few hours. Other than that, he was all mine! I didn't have to share with my sisters, who think they are his favorites. (they know that truth, but are afraid to admit it) ;) Just kidding. But honestly, I did have a wonderful week with him and I know it will make my Christmas away from home that much easier, having seen him. I am so lucky to have the family I do. If they love me half as much as I love them, I am the luckiest person in the world.




Also, for Christmas my family bought me a webcam and each of them bought one also. This was our Christmas as a family. So, Saturday night my Grandma had her Christmas gathering and Stephanie took her laptop and her webcam. I got to see sisters, brother, aunts, uncles, cousins, Jami, Grandma, and all four nephews!! It was so, so awesome!! Also, last night I got to see my nephew Clay walking for the first time. That was so special to me. He's been walking for a few months now and I missed it all. He's getting so big. It blessed my heart to see Will's face when he recognized me. I guess I had feared that because he was so young, he would forget who I was, but Connie said he was saying, 'Hey Manna!' :) I was doing good not crying until that. But I didn't cry when I saw Clay walking; I was just happy and excited to see him.



Last night, Daddy was saying good-bye to the girls upstairs and he said a few things to them about how much he loved them, and how they were like his daughters too because they were like daughters to me. Then a few of them had blessings to speak to him, little Ana even cried while saying thank you for sharing his time and love with them. Then Melvin and the girls prayed for him with their hands over him. One little girl, one of the twins, Andrèa, had her little head laying in his lap while we were praying and she was just sobbing. It was so heart warming. She really seems to cling to him more than the others; holding his hand walking to church and sitting in his lap during the movie. She left tears on his jeans. She really has a sweet heart. I think all of the girls really liked having him around. As Zaidy said last night, she liked my relationship with my dad and not many fathers and daughters here in Guatemala have that kind of relationship with each other. She said it was a great example to our girls how a relationship with our Heavenly Father can be, as well as our earthly fathers. My daddy is one of my best friends and he is also a father to me. I love the relationship that we have and I love him very much.



He made a comment last night how blessed he was to be able to spend a whole week with me. It made him think how God must feel when we spend time with Him. He is just there waiting for us to come to him. It can be good every day. Isn't that amazing?



Well, today I have to go to Inguat to renew my visa in my passport.


I am off Saturday and Sunday. I am still not sure what I will be doing yet on Saturday. I may just stay here with the girls. If I do decide to go somewhere, maybe I'll call Steve and Shyrel or Jon and Robin and see what they're going to do and if I can become another child of theirs that day. ;) Whatever I do, I'm just going to spend the day the best I can and try to have a great time, no matter what. I want to try this year to really focus on what Christmas really is and give thanks to God for His Son. Without whom, where would I be?



Sunday, I get to go to church in San Lucas!! I am so excited about that. I even may get to lead worship at a church in Antigua, if a ride home works out for me, because I will have my guitar and there's no way I would ever take it on the bus. Nobody's taking my Big Baby!!! :)



Dork- *points to self*



Well, I think today will be a good day.



Oh, my friend Jill sent me a scarf belt for Christmas. She is the sweetest!! So, thanks Jill!!!! We miss you!!



Merry Christmas everybody!!!



0 comments: