CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 11, 2005

just a few more days!

I just talked to my daddy. They didn't cross the border yesterday. He said one thing led to another and it ended up being after lunch, so they decided to wait until early this morning to cross. They got into Tampico, Mexico around 3pm and found a nice hotel by the airport... much better than the one we stayed in last year, I'm sure. So, no problems. Thanks for praying... keep them up!! I will keep you updated. This actually puts them on perfect schedule to cross into Guatemala on Monday. They are meeting Pastor Eleazar there at 11am on Monday.




That will be my happy Valentine!!! :)





I bought a new cell phone today. It will be mine when I come back in May, but Daddy needed one for while he was here... so, we all pitched in and bought it. Well, Daddy hasn't pitched in yet, but I'm sure he will.



My friend, Marisa, comes on Tuesday!! YAYAYAY!!! I am so so so so excited about that!! That will be my other happy Valentine. We are going to have so much fun! She will work here with me until my last day, Saturday, and then I will take her to places she hasn't been before and to visit old friends. She will be here for two weeks.



This week has been crazy between the fire, taking care of Ana, Bárbara went to San Juan today (the hospital), it seems like everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off. On top of all that, the quince años party is this Sunday. 15 years here is like sweet 16 in the States, only multiplied by 10. It's a huge affair. I can't wait to show pictures. Rebeca and I are in charge of the whole thing, from decorating to the program, to the guests, to the food, everything. We have about 75 guests comfirmed!! This is my biggest project so far! I want it to be perfect for these girls. Sandy Lisbeth Jimenez and Evelyn Susana Alvarez Us. Evelyn actually turned 15 this past August, but she wasn't here. Plus they always wait until there are two. I am excited. I had wished Daddy and them would have been here for it, but the next day is close enough.



This weekend I feel is going to fly by. Londy is coming to help me out until Sunday. Her birthday is Sunday as well. Another girl that's a missionary for Engineering Missions International, is bringing a cake tomorrow afternoon for Londy, and we'll have a party with the girls. It should be fun! Something different is always fun! Actually this whole week is going to fly by. I can't believe it.



Aw. My sister just sent me basketball pictues of my oldest two nephews. They are so cute!! Tanner has his tongue stuck out in every picture! Just like me, his mom, my dad, my brother... it runs in the family.



Well, that's about it for now. I'm sure I'll have lots to write about after this weekend, and next week.



Que Dios les bendiga



0 comments: