CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 14, 2005

Quincinieras Evelyn y Sandy

Yesterday was a busy, hectic day as our plans for the party finally all wound together to become one huge celebration!! We celebrated the 15 years that Evelyn Susan Alvarez Us and Sandy Lisbeth Jimenez had turned this past year. The 15th year here, would best be compared to the Sweet 16 in the States, although I have NEVER in my life seen a Sweet 16 like this. There is so much preparation, money, time, and sweat that goes into these days. Everything is perfect for the quinciƱieras.




Rebeca and I were put in charge of the whole process.



First we created a guest list. Then the girls had to go with Carroll to buy their dresses. All of the decorations depend on the color of the dress. Unlike other typical Guatemalan fiestas, the quince aƱos celebration is mainly one color. Then the food preparation, the decorations, the music, confirming the invited, setting up tables, cleaning, getting ready, cake... the list went on and on.



But in the end, everything came together and was a flying success. I have to say that I am proud of Rebeca and I, but not as much as I am proud of those girls. They were sparkling and radiant. Last night was one of the most special nights that they will have in their lives and it was perfect. I am so happy for them.




0 comments: