CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 18, 2005

Last day

Well, well... like I stated in my 'subject', today is my last day at The Shadow of His Wings. It's a very laid back day. The house parents have the weekend off, starting today, since they will be working (haha) extra hard when I leave. So, I am in charge for the day, but the girls are in school and it's very quiet around here. I am using this time, and yesterday some, to pack. I'm going to try and pack one bag to take home and one to leave here. Since I'm coming back in May, it's pointless to take everything home and then just bring it back. This way, also, I will be able to do one of two things: 1. come back with less luggage... less to carry around in the airport. or 2. (and the more likely choice) bring MORE stuff!!! The only problem I am incountering is that some of the things I don't want to take home, I still need for the last two weeks that I will be here. I was wanting to pack that bag and just leave it here and not think about it again, not carry it around also for the next two weeks. But last night I think I came up with an idea to pack the stuff I will need in these two weeks in my backpack, and then either leave it with another friend, or bring it back here and put it in with my other stuff. So, all that said is useless information for you who are reading this journal.




They are having a going away party for me tonight though. Isn't that sweet? I don't think I'm supposed to know about it. No one has told me, but it is written on the board in the office for the whole world to see, so... yeah. Party!



My family is coming over this afternoon to spend some time with the girls too. Oh! And Tía Elena is so sweet! She thought I wouldn't be here tonight, so she changed the menu for lunch and dinner, so I could have one of my favorite meals on my last day, tostadas, and not eat one of my least favorite... no, it's not even a least favorite because I hate them... chepes. :( So, she switched them, but then found out that I will be here all day, so we decided we will just save some for me and my family to eat tonight. So, I get to eat them TWICE!!!! :) Isn't she the best?



Tomorrow I will work in the morning. I will make breakfast and then hang around until Londy gets here. I'll probably be here until about noon, then I'll head to Antigua with the family. Who, by the way, are renting this beautiful little apartment there. Plus there are single rooms apartments that I want to look into... just in case... for the future. :) They are cheaper than what I am paying monthly here. Even to pay for my food and everything, it would be cheaper... so... we'll see. I'm not jumping into anything.




Anyhoo, got to go set the table for the girls' lunch. ba-bye!

0 comments: