CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 19, 2005

saludos de Guatemala

Well, my dad left today around noon. Please pray for him as he travels. He is probably there already, but still just pray. There is a hurricane heading our way, so his plane left early. We will most likely just get heavy rain and maybe some power outages, but please pray for the people near the coast and in El Salvador. There are areas known for having mud slides and these slopes are vertical. It can be very deadly.




I have decided to rent from the Simpson's, the director's of the home. They have a house that is one street over from the girl's home and are away in Jalapa amidst the construction. They will be returning every few weeks for only days at a time, so it is good to have someone in there house. (And this being the rainy season, I am walking a much shorter distance.) We had found another apartment nearby, not so nearby, but it seemed that this was the clear choice. God is never late.



I will spend most of tonight getting unpacked and settled in. Daddy helped me put together a book shelf that he bought me before he left. :) (If I forgot to say it before... thanks for everything, Daddy, I love YOU the most!!)



Some of my new duties here will be writing the menu, doing the grocery shopping- which for 30+ people is no small task, in charge of special occasions, such as game night, birthdays, 15 year parties, etc., substituting for Libni, who is the new dorm mother for the older girls downstairs, taking girls to appointments- such as dentist, phsycologist, court appts...., and many many etcs...



Also I will be tutoring three children that live with the Osborn's. Omar, who some of you may know as Jason, who lived at Casa Aleluya many years ago, his sister Helen- who Shyrel has cared for since almost birth, and one 5 year old boy named Jose, who I will teach to read and write. Jose has a bone disease and cannot walk. His bones are very brittle and he is in a wheelchair. But he has the sweetest smile. He is just learning Spanish, having come from a rural village speaking a native language. This will be a new challenge for me, but I am very excited about it.



So, that is all for now...

0 comments: