CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 2, 2005

Camp in Monjas

This weekend was a blast. We went with all of the girls to Monjas for a camp. This camp turned out to be more like a mission trip for these girls. They saw 7 souls won for Jesus!! They painted to curbs on the streets of Monjas, taught Sunday school at a local Christian church, did crafts with children at a local public school, witnessed with dance and prayer at the local central market, and we had tons of fun doing it. It was a hot weekend there. You could sweat just trying to get out of the shower. But the breeze was nice and the rain was plentiful.




Speaking of rain, what a sight to see the first day we arrived. The girls went out to the property to play games... as soon as they arrived... downpour!! Joanne and I arrived just in time to see them all running around like chickens looking for their coop. They jumped into the back of the pickup and we headed home.



Church Sunday was a blessing. I felt so proud to watch them teaching Sunday school to the younger children. My group had a class of young boys. Irma was great. She is a born teacher. I hope she sees that someday. She was just great. It was nice to see some of our shyer girls taking up with the kids as well.



We had a nice game of soccer Sunday afternoon. My team lost 2-0. But our goal was downhill, so they had the advantage. :) I woke up so sore the next day.



I lead worship at the devotions. But the theme song of the weekend was a beautiful song called "Heme AquĆ­". It talks about there being so much need in the world. It says, "Send me, I will go". I don't think there was a time that song was played that there was a girl that wasn't crying. I believe God touched some hearts in Monjas this week.



Tuesday was the best because we had a day of fun in the sun!! There is a local natural spring in Monjas and we took advantage of the heat and took a dip. I taught a few of the girls to dive, but some were just too scared to even get in the water.



0 comments: