CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 26, 2005

"Its the white rabbit!!"

These girls reminded me of Alice in Wonderland today, my second favorite Disney cartoon after Peter Pan. They chased after a rabbit in our garden like it was gold or something. It's the simple things that fascinate children, isn't it? Was I ever fascinated by something so small? I suppose.




Believe as a child. Do I learn anything from today? (excuse me as my thoughts pour through my fingers a while) If we were to see God, as these girls saw this rabbit, would we chase Him? Would we get so excited? It's nice to think about it that way, I think. Simplicity. God Chasers. (Good book, by the way) Those girls chased and ran after that rabbit until they at least caught a glimpse of him, at least a bit of his tail would have thrilled them to no end.



What are we searching for? Are we looking for God? Do we try to see Him in all we do? Would we be satisfied with a glimpse? As Moses was able to only see Him from behind, would we be satisfied? Isn't that what Heaven is all about? It's not about getting to see our loved ones who have passed away. Although believe me, that is something I long for with all of my heart. But isn't it constant companionship with our Lord that drives us? It's not the streets of gold, even though it will be amazing to walk them. The crystal sea? No. And I do love to swim. But no. It's being in the presence of the One who gave His all for all of us.



0 comments: