CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

visits, doctors, and picnics... not in that order

I finally am done making the menu for next week. WHEW!! The harder task is picking what goes with what, when you have no idea what "what" is. But it's done, and I'm learning as I go.




I took three girls to see a medical missions group this morning at a mission house called, "Principe de Paz", or "Prince of Peace", in English. They are here for a week. It is a group called, "Moms on a Mission", made up of a group of mothers who have all adopted children from Central American countries and they have come back to give back to their home countries. It was really interesting to me.



The girls will have visitation today and tomorrow from 3 to 5. I will sit in on the visits to make sure they are kept positive and that there are no mean comments made, etc. These girls need to be encouraged, not made to feel bad for not being at home or abandoning their family. Which is not the case, but can seem that way sometimes to the girls who want so badly to be with their families, in spite of the situation.



We had a picnic today in the garden. The girls are out of school for a week for semester break, so they are getting special priviledges. We had ham sandwiches and corn on the cob, watermelon, and my favorite jugo de mora (blackberry juice).



After visitations this afternoon, I will go to the mall to pick up some blankets and pillows for the groups going to Monjas. The mattresses finally came today for the 8 bunk-beds that Gib made, so all they need are the dressings.



I forgot to mention that Evelyn called me last Saturday. She's the girl that left last week. I gave her my phone number, in case she ever needed anything, and apparently she just needed to say hi. It was great to hear her voice. Very comforting for me. She said she is doing well. She gave me numbers where I could reach her. Sandra will probably be going home with her father this Friday. Carroll said that this is only the second time that she has felt good about a girl returing home. Her father had been looking for her, and she had been praying for a family. Isn't God so good to give her that? I am really so happy for her, but I will be torn to pieces to see her go though. She is extra special to me. But I know that God has great plans for her. I must trust him in that.

0 comments: