CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 20, 2007

The 10 lepers

Today Pastor Merari preached on the 10 lepers in Luke 17:11. Out of the 10 lepers that Jesus healed, only one came back and praised his name!

Several years ago, Merari was diagnosed with a brain tumor, spent months away from his family, underwent surgery, and came out with a clean bill of health after the doctors said he could be spending the rest of his life (if he lived) in a wheelchair... Now obviously, he has something to be thankful for. As I watched him standing at the podium and listened to him preach the Word, I couldn't help but think about what would have been if God has chosen not to extend Merari's life on this earth. What would have become of this little church in San Lucas? How many people would have lost their way without this godly shepard to guide them and be a role model for them? Not to mention, his own daughters. Just looking at how he and his brothers live their lives is such a wonderful reflection of their parents who have raised them from birth in a spirit filled home. I can't begin to imagine how these girls will follow their God in the steps of their earthly father.

In the story, the 10th leper came and threw himself on the ground at Jesus' feet. Complete surrender. I can't think of a better way to show gratitude, can you? As Merari has done. He has given his life completely over to Jesus. Every aspect of his life gives testimony of Jesus' love. It can't help but to show it. The mere fact that he is here with us is testimony enough.

I didn't start writing this to glorify Pastor Merari, although I do think the world of him. I am writing because I personally was convicted of being thankful for God sending his only son to pay the price for my sin with his blood. I was a leper, covered with the sores that sin leaves on the soul and heart. Jesus said, "Go and show yourself to the priest." And as I bowed my head (on the way to the priest), I was healed!!

Now, how can I show my gratitude? All I can do is to throw myself on the ground before him.

Won't you join me down here in the dirt?

It's the best place in the world to be!!

0 comments: