CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Butterfly filters


Isn't this the cutest thing ever?!? This is a craft I'll be doing with the kids next week at camp. Have I mentioned that I'm going to help out with a special needs camp next week? Well, I am and I'm pretty excited about it. It's in Chichicastenango and I've actually never met the people that will be running it, but I think it will be a fun experience! I will pretty much be helping out with whatever they already have there. Just a helper. But I will be having one afternoon with the kids to paint and I decided to do this little craft too. Since it needs time to dry before you can finish, it will give us time to paint while we wait. I thought it smart to try it out and see how it works before I go, so this one is mine. It's good to have an example too. It was so easy, I think they'll be able to do it. All it is, is a coffee filter, painted with water, and then you stick pieces of tissue paper on it, let it dry, and tie the center with a pipe cleaner... cool, huh?!?

0 comments: