CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 11, 2007

a day at Rehoboth

I went to Parramos today, even though the booklets weren't ready for me to take with me. It's the time of year when the boys write to their sponsors. They make them sweet little cards telling them about something exciting they did recently or how they're doing in school. It's fun to sit down with them as they make the cards. They usually draw something on the front and color it. Some are pretty creative. The younger ones crack me up with their crazy designs. For example, Dennis drew an ice cream cone and desided to color the ice cream two shades of blue and when I asked about it, he told me that it had two different flavors... DUH! So cute! They didn't have time to finish them today, but I did at least get to bring one of each boys' cards home with me to translate them. I also have to update the sponsors' addresses to make the labels before I go back next week. The books should be done by Wednesday, so I'll get them before I go. I also had a good talk with Chici today. We just talked about everything, but it was nice. Anyway, I took a few shots of the boys working, so I thought I'd share.
Mynor was the only one who would look at the camera... he's a sweety!
William worked so hard and still didn't finish!! He might be a perfectionist!!
here's Dennis. He was the first to finish, but since he can't write- he had less to do.
Edgar... is he showing me his card, or hiding his face?!?

0 comments: