CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 18, 2007

and the major packing begins

I'm trying to start packing. It's kind of hard since I will be using so much stuff until I leave. But I would rather start now, than be running around crazy at the last minute. I borrowed scales from my friend Sarah to weigh each bag as I get it filled. Also, I think I've mentioned that some friends have agreed to take my extra baggage back with them when they come on a church mission trip the week after I leave. I will need to get a few more bags because I can already see that I will quickly fill the ones I already have.

I'm also trying to think of things I want to do to leave the house like I found it. A few painting touch ups here and there should be all, besides of course cleaning.

All of this only feels overwhelming because I can't do all of it now. I just have to think about it.

I did make a list of all the things I will leave behind and sent it to a friend who will be renting/buying a house in August or September. So the timing was really perfect for me to help her out with anything that I have that she might want for herself. I'm sure that anything that she doesn't want, I can find a good home for as well. But making that list did make me feel better. At least I have a visual to go back to.

I'm making homemade pizza for lunch.

0 comments: