CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Splendid Horizon

I must have written this nearly 3 years ago. As I am packing, I am trying to minimize as much as possible, so when going through notebooks, etc., I found this buried within one of them, and I felt that it really applied more to me today than it probably did 3 years ago!

What does the horizon signify to you?
The end of an old day? The beginning of a new?
Does it mean 'a place to rest' or 'a chance to start afresh'?

To me it's the unknown that lies ahead of me on my journey.

To me it is the most beautiful place to go.

Where blue meets pink, is where God has me heading.
To the spledid horizon.

It means leaving myself behind (again) and meeting his light. And isn't that a lovely light?
For only there is the most beautiful shade of purple seen!
When I go to meet him, his glory is shown through royal purple light!
The light of this King of Kings; King of my heart.

That is where the beauty is -- in the unknown purple -- THE SPLENDID HORIZON

Let us not fear the unknown, but rejoice that we are apart of God's plan. Which without us, would still not fail.
So then, we are already victorious!

"A lamp unto my feet is your word, a light to my path" (Ps. 119:105).

Someone recently told me that back then they really had lamps (candles even) placed on the tops of their feet to show them their way. It literally only showed them the steps that their feet were taking. Each individual step. It kind of shines a light on what it means when we say we are taking things "step by step", huh?

0 comments: