CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

What a blessing it is to hear from the Word of God!

This weekend, as I wrote before, has been very trying and confusing for maybe all families trying to bring their sons and daughters home from Guatemala. I, myself, have been struggling with the facts and my faith. It's been a tug of war between the two as my flesh cries out in fear at the unknown fate of the children of Guatemala, like Flor, the parents who so desperately want their families together and everything that I know in my spirit to be true. God is in control over this entire situation. He predestined me to be in this moment. He created me to be Flor's mother, and that's what I believe with all of my heart. So why can't it be as easy to trust Him as it is to say that I do. Of course, if I trusted Him completely I wouldn't be fearful. LORD, help me to bring all of this to your feet. Help me to 'cast my burdens on you, for you care for me' (1 Peter 5:7).

Today Pastor Rusty began the service with a passage of scripture that I worked and worked on memorizing last year. 2 Corinthians 2:14-16. It talks about how we are the fragrance of Christ, which to me is lovely, but it starts out saying that God 'leads us into triumphal procession' and that 'through us he spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him'. Pastor Rusty said that the passage means that He is leading us triumphally into triumph. So, He is already celebrating the victory before the victory manafests. So we can have confidence and celebrate with Him!!

You know what would be really cool? Maybe all of this is happening, so that man can take no credit and get no gain, but that the honor and glory go only to God, because it was without a doubt HIM who brought these children into our hearts and home. WOOHOO!!!! Now THAT gets me excited about what is to come!

0 comments: