CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 19, 2007

Where to start...

This week has been so full of ups and downs... I'm amazed my head isn't spinning! God is so good! His timing is so important! I pray that I keep my eyes on HIM and always know that HE is in control!!

My birthday was Wednesday and it was a good one! This was the first birthday I had been home for in three years, so it was pretty special just in that. I had lunch with my wonderful sisters and a cousin and it was all such a great time. I had a class at church that I'm attending for 10 weeks... 4 down, 6 to go... and I will be so sad to see it end because I really enjoy it so much! It made for a great day! Phone calls and cards from family and friends made it even better!!

I made the decision this week to move out on my own. I've really had this desire and this week God really gave me his direction and so I'm taking this step and HE'S holding my hand all the way! Everything has just fell into place it seems and I don't know why this would be any different. There are always bumps in the road, but it is through those bumps that God shows HIMSELF mighty!!

I had my first home study visit today. It was in Birmingham and my social worker Amy is so nice. We went over a manual explaining everything I'd ever want to know about what I am and will be doing. Forms to fill out. Autobiographies to write. Questions to be answered. It was really good to be able to sit and talk to someone about all of this. I was able to get fingerprinted yesterday and take those to her today, so that was a good. She will send them out on Monday and that takes the longest to get back. We will have one more visit in Birmingham and then one here (in the new apartment God will provide!!).

On my way home from Birmingham, I found out that my great-aunt Paula passed away while I was in my meeting. She has struggled with cancer for a few years and been taking chemotherapy for what seems like forever. God had mercy on her this evening and took her home. Aunt Paula was really close to my mom since they were closer in age. She was actually the one who introduced my mom to my dad at a basketball game in high school. Summers were spent at her house by the pool for hours a day. For the holidays we would gather at her house for family reunions. In a lot of ways, she was the glue in our family... keeping us all close! She will be missed greatly by many. But I look forward to seeing her again soon! I imagine moma has given her the Grand Tour by now! She wouldn't come back now if she could! They are having a ball!

Please keep her children and grandchildren in your prayers this week.

0 comments: