CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally... I went to the mailbox today and TAHDAH!!! There it was. I had to sit and stare at it a minute to make sure it was for real. I had been checking this very mailbox for almost 6 weeks and today, TODAY it came. I GOT MY INS APPROVAL!!!! What a beautiful piece of paper!! I just sat and cried standing there at the mailboxes. I cried again when I called my daddy to tell him... all happy tears though. No worries!
I immediately called my social worker (after I called Daddy) to tell her the great news. She said she'd send me my home study tomorrow. I have two documents left to get authenticated and sent to Guate, and then we're a GO! Pray this paperwork through the system, guys!!
This is me making the same face as Flor in one of my favorite pictures of her. Aren't we a pair?!?

Today was a good day. Today was a GREAT day!

9 comments:

Bill and Melodie said...

SOOOOOO Excited for you! You will be cathcing up to us soon! Looks like I may be a resident of Guatemala very soon! Like July
1st!!!!

Amy Clemons said...

Congratulations! I know this is such a relief and before you know it you'll be making plans to go get her. Best of Luck. Praying it goes smoothly.

The Heinrichs said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy! Maybe someone else will be making the move with the us...down the road??? Or at least visiting!!!

Anonymous said...

YIPPIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! I was so excited when I opened your blog to check on you and saw those words and those picture!!!!!!!!

This is awesome!!!!

Krista

Stacie said...

YAHOOOOOOO!!! That is so great! It's funny how you love and hate the mailbox during the process. You LOVE it when it brings ANY news of your sweet child, but hate it so many more times when it's just full of junk.

Praying for things to keep on moving so little Flor can come HOME where she belongs!
Stacie

gracie :) said...

Congratulations! I know that was so thrilling to receive. Here's hoping ours comes as quickly!! :)

Amy said...

Great pics! It really is a great feeling!

~Laura~ said...

woo hoo!! YAY!!!

About the subscription thing...I think all you do is go to the homepage and sign up and then add the link to your blog. It was forever ago so I can't remember exactly.

Meredith said...

I am so happy for ya and I love the pictures. I look forward to celebrating on Thursday if you can come!