CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

one of the best days of my life

I don't know if I've already written about this, but I can write it again, can't I? I mean, it's my blog...

So, I step out of the airplane, go through customs, go to the baggage claim, get my luggage, and cannot get out that door fast enough!! I step out into the sun and look into the sea of faces, until my eyes find the most beautiful thing they will ever see: Flor in Shyrel's arms. As she spots me, I see her face light up as I read her lips, "Moma!!!" That day I experienced the moment I imagine a mother feels as she holds her newborn baby in her arms for the first time. That will always be a special day in my heart. March 26, 2008. The day my heart melted into hers.... again... for the first time... that doesn't even make sense.

That's my sister-in-law there in the picture with us, by the way. She's due July 1st, and I will finally have a niece!! Eliana Grace will be here soon!

6 comments:

~Laura~ said...

this is the sweetest pic EVER and I LOVE that story.

poop...I totally forgot about the meeting tonight. Boo. I'll be at the next one. :)

Bill and Melodie said...

That was one of the best days of my life too! So fun to share it with you!

Amy Clemons said...

What a beautiful story. I hope you and your daughter are united again soon. :)

The Heinrichs said...

How sweet! I can honestly say I was so overwhelmed that first day I met Elvia...so scared I wouldn't know what to do with her...or if she would just scream when she was left with us! But it ended up perfectly!!! I so miss her and cannot wait to hug and kiss her and never let her go again!

gracie :) said...

Momma. I think that is one of the sweetest words to hear out of the mouth of your child! Can't wait for her to be home with you where there will be no more goodbyes.

Anonymous said...

Well girl it is the first time that I read it so I am so thankful that you posted this story again. It is precious to read!!!

You are blessed!!!

Krista