CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Flor's Room

Well, I'm just about done. It's been miracle after miracle how God has brought this room together. This is a bed from Flor's cousin. I stubbled upon that too adorable quilt at Target!! I really hope Flor likes turtles, because her mommy had a little "problem" when she was younger and just didn't know when to say "no" when it came to collecting her turtles..

This book shelf is from my friend, Meredith and it was the perfect touch, and holds more turtles. She also gave me that rectangle mirror. Bill and Melodie gave Flor that bed side table from their yard sale. I need to hang some fabric over that ugly beige fire wall though.
This armoir was in my moma's bedroom, which is so special to me now that I'll be able to tell Flor that was her Granny's. The oval mirror was in my room in middle school. Oh, and you see that flower arrangement? My moma and sweet sisters sent that to my work the day before I left for Guatemala the first time. I left it there that day, so moma went to get it while I was gone and made it into a silk arrangement. I just love it! My moma gave me that doll up there too.
These two smaller mirrors were in her room too. The curtains were mine as a child. Moma made that Cabbage Patch doll and my aunt Paula brought me the other doll from Hong Kong...
... and that brings me to this: Flor's sweet baby doll crib! Isn't it perfect?!? I asked my sweet friends, the Kirby's, if their very talented children could make Flor a bed for her dolls. Two weeks later, this is what I got!! Clifton did such a great job and I can't wait for Flor to play with it. Virginia, with some help, made a little mattress, pillow, and quilt for the bed. Virginia also crocheted that tiny blanket hanging over the end. The baby's name there is Connie. Named for my oldest sister. There is a baby named Stephanie too, and Amanda, of course... and she was always my favorite!! :) Yes, they were my babies when I was Flor's age!! I love that moma kept all of my stuff like that. Maybe she knew I'd have a little girl!!
That's all for tonight. I just wanted to share Flor's room. Now there's just one thing missing...

That's you, baby girl!!!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

You need your own show on HGTV. You can really make a special room on a small budget! Flor is going to love it!

Debbie said...

Sorry I had to delete my second one-typing problems this early in the morning. About Lilah's blog-I give up! Love you, FAD

Amy said...

Love it! You did a great job! We have paper lanterns too!

Amy Clemons said...

I can't wait to see the updated version with little Flor in the picture. You did a great job! The room seems like it is so full of love and good memories, only to be shared with a princess.