CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 15, 2008

mornin'

I was woken up this morning, earlier than usual, and I remembered what my daddy has said to me more than on one occasion. He would go to the Word when he was woken up like that. So, I did today too.
I reached for my Bible study and opened up to the next lesson. It was about the importance of intimacy and obedience to hear God's voice. Coincidence? I'll let you decide for yourself. After my lesson, I had the urge to open up to Romans. Romans 8:18-27 to be exact. Let me just read a little here:

"I consider that our personal sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." (Ok. Stop here for a minute. I know It is refering to our sufferings on earth and the glory to be revealed when Jesus returns. But I immedietely thought about my 'suffering' in waiting and how glorious it will be when Flor gets home!)"The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
"We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not onlyso, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we are saved. But hope that is seen is not hope at all." (And faith that can be figured out all-by-my-self is not faith either. I have faith that God will provide a way for me to take leave after Flor gets here. I have faith that God will guide me to where Flor will stay after I return to work. I have faith that God has this whole thing figured out so perfectly that I can't even imagine the answers that He will give me. I can't even think of them.) "Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. (Can I just stress that point there: patiently. PATIENTLY. PATIENTLY. Got it? Yeah, me neither. But God's working on me constantly.)
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's Will."

And we all know what the next verse says, "And we know that God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

One year and six months ago, I heard God speak to my heart that Flor was my daughter. She has been ever since. I was asked last weekend if I'd ever thought about if I'm doing this for Flor or for me. I think in certain ways, its for both of us. But mainly its because God spoke it to me. It just WAS, and it has been ever since. It just WAS. She is my daughter. She is God's gift to me. I'm sure that God has blessings in store for both she and I, but He will get the ultimate glory. He already has in getting me this far, because there were so many hurdles that He had to help me over. In so many people's eyes, I was/am crazy for going through with this. But I say, "CALL ME CRAZY!! And let God have the glory for that too!!"

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Call you crazy? Never. I can only hope for half the FAITH you show each day. You are an example of what GOD can and will do if we just let him.

Anonymous said...

You have such faith~ it is beautiful and it is inspiring!!!

Hugs,

Krista

Amy said...

I can't wait to see precious Flor in your arms! We really do learn so much about God's faithfulness and provision during our waiting time. I can't believe I am saying this- but I would do it again in a heart beat because I have never felt a more clearer picture of God's love for me.

terri s said...

Amanda,
I "stumbled upon" yourblog from Melodie's. I am so glad that God led me to your blog. As your other commentors have said, you DO have a beautiful faith. A deep faith. And one that we all can learn from. I am a single mommy to TWO Guatemalan princessas. I am from Decatur, and am desperately trying to move home to God's country: Alabama. I live and work in the DC area for the gov't and want to move home with the BRAC to H'ville. For now, in this VERY high cost of living area, God is providing for me and my gurlz. I waited thru the Hague nightmare of 03/04 for daughter #1 to come home, and waited for daughter #2 to come home last year (while so many babies were coming home at 4 and 6 months), so now the wait for God to reveal his perfect job for me feels so familiar. I can learn a lot from your posts. I would love to know your whole story, I can only gather bits and pieces. Wow! to live in that beautiful country for 3 years! That is a story I want to hear. I pray God will move me and my gurlz home soon for many reasons. Now one more reason is to meet you and to get to know you!!!!
I'll be praying for Flor's case to fly thru PGN, that you'll be getting orange and then pink very very very soon!
a sister in Christ,
terri in virginia