CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas in Dixie

I went out to Goodsprings to stay at Daddy's Friday night. Saturday morning was our family Christmas, which was so special. Every year, as a family we gather the money that would have been spent on gifts and give it to a family or person in need. This year it was decided to give to those who have cared for years for our sweet Flor who couldn't be with us this year. I am thrilled that my family has come together and are just as excited as I am about our newest addition!! We usually do get gifts for the kids, but this year Paw-Paw and Gran had another idea. After breakfast we gathered by the fireplace where there were 8 gifts bags. As he told the story, he had each grandchild come up and open a sack and hand him whatever was in it. It wasn't too long before we realized that the nativity scene was coming together piece by piece. Will handed him Mary. He would ask each time who the person was and what it meant that they were there. Of course, the reason that Jesus was born was brought up a few times. ;) It was amazing because there are a few family members who haven't accepted Jesus and their Lord and Saviour, so I prayed so hard that they were listening, even as the young ones answered paw-paw's questions. And the traditional table cloth was signed. We have 4 tablecloths, so far, that we write on every Christmas, writing what we are thankful for that year. I just could not think of a single thing to write this year.... HA HA!! Yeah right, I had to cut it short, not to take up the entire tablecloth!! It was neat to think that this would be the last year without Flor's little hand print or her writing her own name... :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow - you have been busy! I love all these family traditions - they are great!! You will soon start your own :).

The Heinrichs said...

Oh my gosh...I love your family traditions! I think we may have to copy a few and start our own!!!