CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Prayer meeting

What a blessed evening I had last night... my sweet friend, Melodie planned a night of praise and prayer at Starbuck's to lift up everything involved with getting Flor home. Unfortunately, most folks have church on Sunday night (and that sounds bad to say "unfortunately", but it's not that they have church, just that they couldn't come). You know!! So, it ended up being just Melodie and I. What a blessing! It really couldn't have been more perfect! We talked a LOT and I had tons of questions for her, since she went through all of this back in the summer. We really had a great visit. Then we prayed. We prayed for every aspect of our case. We prayed. (Then we visited some more!!)

I am so thankful to have friends like Melodie. It's been so amazing how God has brought certain people into my life, at this time in my life, and we have/are all going through the same struggles, joys, and experiences.

... and I can't WAIT for Flor and Fernanda to get together again!!

6 comments:

Bill and Melodie said...

Awww, I had a great time too, just being with a grown up, no kids for a few hours! And I can't wait for Fern to see Flor, soon!!! You know we will be at the airport waiting on you and if you end up flying into ATL, we may just make a trip there!!!
Love ya!!!

Chrystie said...

I understand EXACTLY what you mean because I, too, am extremely grateful for friends like Melodie...in fact, I'm really thankful for MELODIE herself!

Just wanted you to know that God led me to read your blog today and I'm lifting you up. I know what it's like to love a little girl so much that it's almost as if your heart is moving outside your body. So, I'll continue to pray for God's peace as you wait for your heart to come home.

gracie :) said...

I'm sorry I couldn't make it, but so happy you gals had a great time together. May God speed the rest of Flor's process along quickly!!

Amy said...

Sorry I could not make it. I have been sick all week - yucko! So glad you had a good time.

royster family said...

Amanda! How on earth did you find my blog? Isn't this fun? It is so good to hear from you! I hope I have time in the next week to snuggle up in my pj's, drink hot chocolate, and just read your blog. I had no idea what all you have been going through! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Kelsey Lantz said...

I would LOVE to take some pictures of Flor. Melodie asked if I would take some of them and Fern because it will be close to her 3 year. It would be a blast to just set up a picture day while I'm there. Praying for ya and cannot wait to meet sweet Flor