CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What's on my tree Wednesday:

My aunt has been doing this the past few weeks, so I thought I'd join in with only 2 Wednesdays to go until Christmas... Here are a few of my favorites:

Here's one my moma made YEARS ago. I can't even remember a Christmas without this ornament on our tree... and no tree is complete without an Alabama ornament!!
Here's another one Moma made. There are actually several of these wooden ornaments that she painted before I was even born. Actually, Stephanie had them all, but brought them over on Thanksgiving and she, Connie, and I went through and split them up. I think we each left with 12 or so. I love each one of them, but this one I remember being a favorite even as a little girl.
Stephanie gave me this one several years ago and it has been a favorite ever since!! Feliz Navidad!! :)
Stephanie also had these made for Connie, herself, and I Christmas 2003. It was our first Christmas without moma, and I just love it. Of course, thinking of spending Christmas with Jesus makes me a little jealous... the back says, "Susan Elizabeth Milam, January 15, 1951 - January 27, 2003"
Well, I guess I'll save some for next Wednesday!! :) Enjoy!!!!!






3 comments:

Debbie said...

Have I told you lately how proud I am of you? Your momma is looking down with one of those big smiles on her face! You are going to make a great momma in just a few weeks. Thank you for reminding and teaching me about FAITH each and everyday! I love you! FAD

Amy said...

Great ornaments - thanks for sharing!

Amy Clemons said...

Oh My Gosh! My Grandmother and my Daddy painted that very same ornament when he was a little boy. They probably did 50 or so and we put them on the tree every year. It looks exactly the same. I was so shocked to see it. I'll have to post a pic of ours..