CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kindergarten

My sweet baby girl will be starting kindergarten in exactly one month. I really can't believe how time has flown. I remember the first day I layed eyes on her. She just looked up at me with those chocolate eyes and smiled, so sweetly. She was just 15 months old then. Now 4 years and 4 months later, she's 5.5 years old and soon I'll be shopping for a full size backpack for her to fill with school supplies.
It's such a bittersweet feeling. I am so proud of her and how smart she is and how big she's getting. I'm so excited to see all that she will learn and how much she'll grow as a person over the next year. I'm terrified that it may be hard for people to understand her. I pray that people will be understanding and patient with her, teachers and students. But I also know that her speech is improving every single day.
I keep reminding myself to enjoy every moment because I will wake up tomorrow and she will be graduating.

2 comments:

Amy Clemons said...

Awwwww! It doesn't seem like she should be starting school already!

Ashton said...

Wow! Such a crazy thought! My sweet little siblings start in 2 years and I am already getting teary over that! I wish we had a pause button in life!