CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 11, 2005

home again, home again

I've been home for a few days now. Tuesday's travelling was stressful, but I'm sure that those delays were for a reason. We were delayed and re-routed and ran around more than I would wish on anyone. But we are home safe, and that is reason to be thankful.




It is strange to be home. Even though I was only there six months, I haven't really felt settled in here yet. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my sisters, playing with my nephews, and hanging out with friends. But it is unexplainably just plain wierd to be here.



I will start back to work next week. Working a few days a week at the restaurant will be fun and I need some money. My goal is to save it all, which I know is impossible. But I need to.



Tomorrow night, Jami and I are cooking a typical Guatemalan meal for a few friends. It should be a great time and I can't wait to eat that good food. I miss it. I bought an avocado today. I crave them now. It was good. I also ate a great Posey's grilled chicken sandwich today. I feel stuffed.



I saw two of my best friends last night. When they asked what I wanted to eat; they were surprised by my answer, "Mexican". I can't help it. I love it!!



My brother and I are going to watch Guatemala play against the U.S. national soccer team the end of this month in Birmingham. I can't wait!! And you better believe I'm going to wear my Guatemala jersey too!



0 comments: